Mike Ewing has focused his practice primarily on family law since being admitted to the Virginia State Bar in 1993. He has represented clients in family law litigation throughout the courts in Central Virginia. Mr. Ewing has extensive experience with complex financial matters, including business valuations and separate property tracing. He has also helped many parents and grandparents with complex child custody litigation, including cases involving parents seeking to relocate away from Virginia and cases with allegations of child abuse and neglect.
Mr. Ewing is trained in Mediation and Collaborative Law. Through the Collaborative Process, he has helped many families resolve their differences in a cooperative manner that has allowed them to avoid expensive and emotional litigation.
Mr. Ewing was honored to be selected as a Fellow in the American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers (AAML). For the last several years, he has been named a Virginia Super Lawyer, as published in Richmond Magazine. In 2016, he was named to the Virginia Business Legal Elite. Further, he is listed in the 2016 and 2017 editions of The Best Lawyers in America.
- Practicing Zealous Advocacy by Using Effective Non-Adversarial Negotiation Skills, 2010
- Using Collaboration Skills in Negotiation in the Shadow of Litigation, 2010
- Family Law Presenter at First Day in Practice Seminar, 2007 – Present
- Rawlings and Wood, Partner, 2000 – 2004
- Rawlings and Wood, Associate, 1993 – 1999
Areas of Practice
- Virginia Supreme Court
- J.D. – University of Richmond, The T.C. Williams School of Law, Richmond, Virginia, 1993
- B.A. – University of Arkansas, 1990
Honors & Awards
- Named to the 2016 Virginia Business Legal Elite
- Included in the 2016 and 2017 editions of The Best Lawyers in America
- Selected as a Virginia Super Lawyer as published in Richmond Magazine, 2011-2017
- Selected as a Super Lawyers “Rising Star” in 2007 and 2008 as published in Richmond Magazine
Professional Associations & Memberships
- Fellow in the American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers (AAML)
- Virginia Bar Association
- Virginia State Bar, Family Law Section – Member
- Henrico County Bar Association
- Metro Richmond Family Law Bar Association
- John Marshall Inn of Court