Andrea Stiles is a partner with the firm of Batzli Stiles Butler PC, where her practice centers on all aspects of family law. Her philosophy is that family disputes should be resolved respectfully, fairly and efficiently. The best interests of children is a focal point for settlement and the family’s resources should be allocated to meet the reasonable needs of the parties and their children. Ms. Stiles emphasizes the importance of providing excellent client service and ensuring her client’s understand the legal process so good decisions can be made.
Ms. Stiles has been a Family Law attorney for more than 30 years and was recognized as Richmond’s Best Family Law attorney for 2012 by The Best Lawyers in America. She was recognized by her peers as the best family law attorney in Virginia in Virginia Business magazine’s listing of the Legal Elite and has been listed in the Legal Elite every year since 2000. Ms. Stiles is listed as one of the Top 50 Virginia female attorneys and Top 50 Richmond attorneys by Super Lawyers, and has been listed every year since 2007. Virginia Lawyers Weekly named Ms. Stiles as one of the most Influential Women in Virginia. Ms. Stiles is a past Chair of the Board of Governors for the Virginia Family Law Section of the Virginia State Bar and is an elected Fellow of the American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers. She holds Martindale-Hubbell’s highest Preeminent Attorney AV rating and is listed in The Best Lawyers In America.
A 1986 graduate of the T.C. Williams School of Law at the University of Richmond, Ms. Stiles was a member of the University of Richmond Law Review and received the Best Advocate Award in 1984.
In 2014 Andrea was featured on WTVR’s television show, “Virginia This Morning”. To view segment, click here.
Past Employment Positions
- Williams Mullen, Shareholder, 1986 – 2004
Areas of Practice
- Collaborative Law
- Child Custody and Visitation
- Child and Spousal Support
- Complex Equitable Distribution
- Premarital and Separation Agreements
- Property Settlement Agreements
- Virginia, 1986
J.D. – University of Richmond, The T.C. Williams School of Law, Richmond, Virginia, 1986
B.S., Journalism – University of Florida, 1983
Honors & Awards
- Listed in The Best Lawyers in America, 2007 to present
- Best Lawyers‘ Richmond “Family Lawyer of the Year”, 2012
- Listed in the Virginia Business “Legal Elite”, 1999 to present
- Virginia Business “Legal Elite” Top Family Law Attorney, 2001 and 2003
- Influential Women of Virginia
- Listed in Top 100 Virginia Super Lawyers, Top 50 Richmond Area Super Lawyers, and Top 50 Women Super Lawyers, 2013
- Listed in Top 100 Virginia Super Lawyers, Top 50 Women Virginia Super Lawyers, and Top 50 Richmond Super Lawyers, 2014-2017
Professional Associations & Memberships
- Virginia State Bar, Family Law Section – Past Chair, Board of Governors
- Virginia Bar Association, Family Law Section – Member
- John Marshall Inn of Court – Member
- American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers – Fellow
- Virginia Association of Collaborative Professionals – Member
- International Academy of Collaborative Professionals – Member